European journalism conference – For those of you who include health issues in your reporting.
June 23-24, 2011 at Coventry University, England
Professional journalists, educators and students from at least 10 countries will be gather for two days at Coventry University, England, to hear presentations and take part in discussions on a variety of issues, including:
- The state of health journalism in European countries
- Investigative health reporting
- Raising standards in health journalism
- Critical health reporting – achieving balance, accuracy and completeness
- The impact of media images and stereotypes
- Reporting complex health reforms
- Best practices in blogging and social media
- Case studies
Organised by Coventry University and the Association of Health Care Journalists, along with the support and expertise of the Medical Journalists Association, the EU-funded HeaRT project on the training of health journalists in Europe, and the National Union of Journalists.
With a top line-up of speakers from Europe and the U.S., it offers a rich resource in terms of information, guidance and potential stories.
Journalists and academics who participate will get a unique chance to network, discuss, compare and evaluate their work with colleagues in other countries.
Costs have been deliberately kept low to encourage freelance and professional journalists and students of journalism to attend.
Learn more at http://www.europeanhealthjournalism.com/
Publiceret 25. maj 2011